Monday, July 13, 2015

"MUST HAVE" Websites...

This link was floating around on some students' social media posts this morning: http://www.srtrends.com/websites-college-students-need-to-know/ .

A little different than some of the web 2.0 tools we've been discussing in class, but as you scroll down, there are a few more that actually can be educational in nature, or great life tools, others may just be some networks that people would want to connect with.

I recently had a student talk to me about using something like "Keep Me Out," to limit their social media usage (full disclosure: they also told me they had found a work around so that it actually didn't do that, so I'm not sure how beneficial it is, or if we just need to self-regulate when we have things to focus on or when we know we can multi-task), but, interesting all the same!

What tools would be on your list?  What would you develop that may not even be out there?

2 comments:

  1. There are times I am really focused on whatever work or school work I'm doing and I'm not even tempted to surf the web for hours There are other times that I can't seem to stop procrastinating. My problem is I have two laptops, an iPad and an iPhone so if I block myself out of goofing off on one device I will find a way to goof off on another. ~Kendall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! I don't think one of those "tools" would ever help me... but I guess reminders are nice? We have so many ways to connect, and can be such fantastic procrastinators when we want to, finding a work-around would just be part of the fun of not doing whatever it is we should be.

      I, for one, think I'll stick with cleaning my house as good procrastination, at least it helps me feel productive!

      Delete