Friday, July 24, 2015

This Might Not Be So Bad Afterall..

Initially when we had the blog requirement, I feel like most of us were a little stressed, or a little, umm, hmm, ok.

In preparing this weekend's project, I thought I'd take a look at the analytics for my blog.  What you are now ready is my 15th blog post.... who knew I could up with so many things to say, a few of which, gasped, even garnered responses and discussions!  It has been interesting reading other's blogs, somewhat like listening to a discussion point in class, but then, also, a little more reflective and sometimes, perhaps, purposeful?

The analytics told me there have been over 350 views of this blog.  Which I guess, since I'm not really sharing it with anyone but who is in class, is pretty nifty.  Interesting to think about your voice in a different conversation.  Or who the readers may be.  Also has given me a different frame of reference when I'm reading other's blogs or posts. What voice do people hear when reading through, what additional components are shaped through their perception of the post?  Fun and interesting things to ponder!

Are others enjoying? Struggling to make those Sunday deadlines?  What are the pros and cons to your blogging experience?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Danielle, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree with you. I also feel that keeping up with my blog sometimes can be a bit stressed. :) I guess no one really likes deadlines, right? This week has been hectic for me as I also have to help redesign a syllabus for my old colleague.
    I also checked the views of my blog today. As a not-so-active blogger, I am curious to see that my blog has some audience! I am glad to know some people liked my posts. Besides, I enjoyed viewing other classmates' blogs, I feel blogging let us learn from others' perspectives more easily :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post. Most of the time when I start blogging for the week, I have trouble stopping. The hardest part of the week is starting to blog. I always have some sort of writer's block. The pros to the experience is that I will have a documented log of my experiences in the class. We will have other assignment deliverables by the end of the class but this blog will be our own personal experiences. The cons of blogging for me is just starting for the week.

    ReplyDelete